Because of the restrictions in place due to the Coronavirus there are likely to be:
- Fewer homes advertised on Homefinder Somerset than normal.
- Delays in landlords being able to let homes. You may not be able to move in to a property until the current restrictions are lifted. If you were matched to a property before lockdown, landlords are re-starting work to enable these moves in line with Government Guidance. Please bear with us during this time. We will contact you as soon as possible with a moving date.
- Fewer council staff available to process applications and respond to queries. It can take 6 weeks at present for local authorities to be able process applications and documents that have been uploaded.
To help during this difficult time, please:
- Please only bid on homes that you are able to view and if you are ready to move.
- Regularly login to your Homefinder Somerset account to check for messages. Councils will be sending messages to your Homefinder Somerset account rather than sending letters
- Ensure that your phone number and email address are up to date. Landlords will seek to contact you by phone or email rather than sending letters
- Use the online application form wherever possible. Paper application forms are less likely to be processed at this time.
- Check the websites of partner councils and landlords for further details. Please see the links on the Partners page
Do you want to talk to someone about domestic abuse? Contact the Somerset Domestic Abuse Support helpline: 0800 69 49 999