Evidence of your National Insurance number

Evidence of your National Insurance number must show your current name. 

- Payslip

- National Insurance number plastic card or paper equivalent

- P45 or P60

- National Insurance contributions account summary

- Bank statement showing payments by direct debit for class-2 national insurance contributions, or benefits payments received as long as your national insurance number is shown

- HM Revenue & Customs construction industry registration card (CIS4, CIS5 or CIS6)

We will also accept a letter from HM Revenue & Customs or the Department of Work & Pensions as proof of your National Insurance Number. If you are also providing the letter as proof of your name and address it must be dated within the last 12 months.   

Please see the Gov.uk website if you: 

- Need to apply for a National Insurance number

- Have forgotten your National Insurance number