Eligibility and applying for Extra Care Housing

To apply for Extra Care Housing you must first contact the landlord to discuss your requirements (please see contact details in the table on the previous page). If they think you may be eligible, they will invite you to visit the scheme. 

A Trusted Assessor from our Care Providers, or an Adult Social Care Worker will help assess your care and support needs in the first instance. Applicants who it is felt would benefit from Extra Care Housing will ultimately require a full needs assessment by Adult Social Care. 

Adult Social Care and the landlord are responsible for agreeing who can move into Extra Care and who has priority. This is because Adult Social Care contributes money to all the elements of the scheme that makes it “Extra” care, for example, the 24-hour available support. If it is felt that your needs could be met by a different housing and support solution, you will be informed of this. A Panel meets to discuss and allocate eligible applicants monthly, but there may be a waiting time for some accommodation.