Independent financial advice

We understand that you may be making important changes about how you live and need all the best information and help so that the decisions you make are right for you.

There are many organisations that you can either phone or arrange to visit to talk things through. 

Remember, if you get financial advice and they are recommending ways that you should invest or use your money against specific financial products, they must be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

You can check on the FCA website to see what this means.

You can also get independent advice from:

• The Money Advice Service website offers information on paying for care or the option to speak to an online advisor. You can phone them on 0300 500 5000. 

• The Society of Later Life Advisers can help you find advice on how to make financial plans for care in your old age. You can phone them on 0845 303 2909, or use the website to search for a regulated financial advisor in your area.

• Age UK has a good website with advice for older people and those planning for their later years. You can also phone them on 0800 169 6565

• Carers UK has a website resource of advice for carers. You can also phone them on 0808 808 7777